Sunday, December 7, 2008

Kiawah Island Half Marathon

I finally ran my first half marathon at Kiawah Island on Saturday. It was a cool but clear morning, perfect for a run. I was training pretty good up until mid-October but then had to travel quite a bit, including a work trip to Sicily. I hadn't ran more than 7 miles at once since October 18 so I was kind of dreading the 13 miles, but it turned out OK. My time was 2:09:46, which met my goal of 2:10. I posted a couple of pictures to even the score with Mary Alice, since I don't think she liked her post-race picture in my first post. She says I looked pretty happy after the race. I was relieved. It looks like I need to lay off the pasta for a while.


2 comments:

Maggie Dickinson said...

Congrats on the half-marathon. I am glad you got the time you wanted!

Jamcor79 said...

Hey Charlie - way to go. I did a 5 miler at Thanksgiving. It was rough. I'm losing a minute a year but I took 8 years off from running. Give me that 9 minute pace again...please.

your bro-in-law