Sunday, August 9, 2009

This and That

Mary Alice says I need to do a blog entry. I will just catch up with a few pictures from this summer. First, from early May, we went to Kershaw to help celebrate Lori and Donny's 25th wedding anniversary. This was set up as a surprise, and amazingly, those planning this were good at keeping the secret since Lori and Donny seemed to be genuinely surprised! Anyway, it was good to catch up with the family and getting to eat some good food. Also in May, we did a camping trip to Huntington Beach State Park but the weather didn't cooperate. It was cold and often wet. We did spend some quality time at Brookgreen Gardens looking at sculptures and I took about a hundred pictures. I need to get MA back for the pose of me below. Here she is reenacting the "Diana of the Hunt" sculpture. Even though she is wearing clothes, I can tell you the physical resemblance is amazing ;-). In June, we were invited to Clemson to visit with the Dickinson's (Maggie, Jay, and Mac). We had a relaxing weekend of boating on Lake Hartwell and eating out. Mac is starting to walk around and as you can see, he is quite an armload for Nana.


For Father's Day, we went to Kershaw and had a nice dinner with Daddy and the Faulkenberry's (Donny, Lori, Jennifer, and Daniel). The food was excellent and then we all went out to David's house for a pool party. It's a very nice pool and very refreshing on a hot summer day. July around here has been hot but pretty quiet. We've spent a lot of time getting sun around the pool and eating out. We went out for a nice meal at the Fulton Five restaurant in downtown Charleston for our anniversary on July 17th. The Northern Italian selections were excellent. I just got back from a business trip to San Diego (where its cool) and we are planning a five-day camping trip to Asheville, North Carolina on the 23th of August.


1 comment:

Maggie Dickinson said...

Mac looks pretty hefty there. He has definitely slimmed up since then.